SureMount 42″-65″ Above Fireplace TV Mount
The SureMount 42″-65″ Above Fireplace TV Mount allows for effortless vertical positioning of your TV. Designed to be installed above a fireplace/mantel, its adjustable gas strut arm reaches down to achieve eye-level viewing while seated. The full motion caters for those that need to alter the TV viewing angle (30° swivel left and right) to suit seating arrangements or reduce glare.
- Fits most TV’s sizes between 42-65″
- Long reach from 120mm to 510mm
- 730mm counter balanced vertical movement
- 230mm height adjustment to stop the TV hitting the fireplace mantel
- 30° swivel (left and right)
- Mounting VESA 100×100 up to 600×500
- Tilt +10° to -5°
- Weight Capacity between 5-28kgs. If you have a heavier TV then check out the SMF800 that can take upto 60kgs!
- Adjustment Leveling +/-5°
- Sound bar mounting hanger underneath TV for rear mount sound bars (optional)
- Includes cable management and installation kit for TV and wall mounting
All product shipped from within New Zealand.
Please Note: If this mount is installed above a fire place, it is not recommended for use in the pulled down position whilst the fire is on/hot.
Product Manual for SMF600 Above Fireplace TV Mount
Installation and Operating Video for SMF600 Above Fireplace TV Mount
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is it safe to wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
A well placed mantel can act as a buffer to deflect heat away from a TV mounted above a fireplace. It is always important to refer to the owners manual of your TV before choosing to mount it above a fireplace.
Check out the informative video at Better Homes and Gardens for more handy tips: https://www.bhg.com/decorating/fireplace/styles/tv-over-fireplace/
How far above a fireplace can a TV be mounted?
As a rule of thumb a TV should be at least 300mm above a modern gas fireplace. It is important to measure how hot it gets above your fireplace as each TV and each fireplace will be different. Refer to the owners manual of your TV for guidance on heat limits to ensure that your electronics (and plastic) are not adversely impacted.
Will my TV cover the TV mount?
A 65″ TV is likely to cover the mount fully so that it won’t be seen in the up or down position.
This example below shows a 55″ TV mounted.